Prepare to Be Amazed!
A rotating cast of Master Magicians and Variety Acts wow audiences at “Magic Monday”
New line-ups every Monday night
May 1 – August 28 at the Santa Monica Playhouse
Experience the thrill of magic and spellbinding illusions with a rotating cast of Master Magicians and Variety Acts every Monday at the Santa Monica Playhouse from May 1 through August 28. Created by the same team that brought you the theatrical smash hit Smoke and Mirrors, the weekly variety show MAGIC MONDAY began last summer at the Santa Monica playhouse and is back due to overwhelming audience response.
All ages are invited to witness the greatest in prestidigitation and the latest mind-blowing illusions in an intimate setting with a line-up of renowned magicians from the Magic Castle, America’s Got Talent, Penn and Teller’s Fool Us and Wizard Wars. Groundbreaking variety acts such as juggling, marionettes, ventriloquism, exotic balloon art and more will be featured as well. The stage show starts at 8:00 pm, with a courtyard pre-show featuring close-up magic at 7:30 pm.
The Santa Monica Playhouse has the look and feel of a Victorian living room and is located just blocks from the beach, right around the corner from the bustling 3rd Street Promenade and an easy walk form the 4th Street metro stop.
Albie Selznick (Smoke and Mirrors) hosts Magic Monday each week. Performances this summer will include almost 70 acts, such as:
- Max Maven – Internationally renowned Mentalist
- Pop Hadyn – Received more Magic Castle awards than anyone in the academy’s history
- Andrew Goldenhersh – Two-time Magic Castle ‘Parlour Magician of the Year’ award winner
- Dana Daniels – From Broadway’s The Illusionists 1900
- Scott Land – Puppeteer of Team America fame
- Handsome Jack – Fooled Penn and Teller on Fool Us
- Chris Hart – Award-winning Magician who played The Thing in The Addams Family films
- David Deeble – Exotic juggling/magic as seen on James Corden’s The Late Late Show
- Hillel – From Buenos Aires, combines clowning, magic, balloons and pantomime
- And… Ben Seindman, Jack Kalvan, Simon Coronel, Matt Marcy, Jon Armstrong, Bruce Gold, Naathan Phan, Tom Ogden, The Bornsteins, Chris Ruggerio, etc etc…
MAGIC MONDAY is the brainchild of Albie Selznick. Selznick was creator and performer of Smoke and Mirrors, which ran in LA and NY for five years (LA Times Critic’s Choice). He is a lifetime member of the world famous Magic Castle in Hollywood and is an award-winning performer and accomplished actor who can be seen this June in the Amazon series The Last Tycoon. Selznick began his career as a co-creator of The Mums, a popular boundary-breaking circus-theatre trio of the 80’s/90’s that Andy Warhol praised with the quote, “The mums do for the art of Juggling and Magic what Elvis did for Rock and roll.”
MAGIC MONDAY runs every Monday from May 1 through August 28. Tickets are $40 (various discounts and season passes available on website). Pre-show at 7:30, Stage show at 8:00. The Santa Monica Playhouse is located at 1211 4th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401. For reservations and information go to www.MagicMondayLA.com. Any questions, call 310-450-2849.